At this time of year, many of us make New Year’s Resolutions and some consider detoxing. A time to cleanse all that bad stuff you consumed through the Holiday period. I get it and I get asked all the time, is this a good idea? The simple truth is that everyone is different and your first step should be to consult your physician (not Dr. Google). My advice is generally reduce the bad, increase the good, drink more water and move your body. Everything in moderation is always better than “cold turkey” or putting your body under extreme change.
If you are going ahead with a detox, then here are some things to consider. It can be a little disgusting when you are detoxing or cleansing. Your body will purge those toxins you have built up. These toxins can affect the whole body. There will be times where you feel sluggish or stressed. Your body may experience continuous aching, diarrhea, constipation, and a feeling of clumsiness. In detoxing your body and cleaning that unwanted crap in your cells, you should pay attention to your “elimination organs”.
There are particular organs in your body that deal on cell waste management. These organs play a major role in the detoxing process for a fit and healthy body.
- Your liver is the organ that recycles the unwanted chemicals in the body. It sorts out the toxins and places them to the organ for elimination during the process of circulation. The principal elimination organs will back up the liver on where these toxins will be stored and then eliminated.
- The lymph glands also play an important role in eliminating the toxins. A network of tubing brings out the excess waste of the cells from the body and to the final eliminating organs. The appendix, thymus, tonsil, and spleens are major lymphatic glands that help the major organs of the body in cleansing and detoxing.
- The kidneys help in the water management of the body. They are the ones that keep the good chemistry of the blood alkaline by eliminating the dissolved acid waste. You can help your kidney to function very well by drinking plenty of water. It is much better if you drink fresh alkaline juices and purified water. You may take ½ ounce of alkaline everyday to see positive results on your body weight.
- The lungs are the organs that keep the blood air purified. They allow the oxygen to go directly to the bloodstream. It is also responsible in removing waste gases that are found in every cell of the body. Deep breathing and fresh air is very helpful in keeping the lungs healthy and free from toxins. If you are in the urban area, it is recommended that you find an oxygen rich area where you can perform deep breathing.
- The colon is a solid waste management organ in your body. Medical practitioners have found many peolpe that may have an 80-pound mucus and rubber like solid waste that are found on the walls of the colon. Detoxing and cleaning the colon can be a real tough thing to do. However, having a free waste colon can certainly provide you good benefits of having a clean and healthy body.
If you are experiencing some signs of detoxification, you will also need to keep up some level of exercise and increase your water intake. Try a regular walking exercise. See our guide on drinking more water. If you can, add slices of lemon to the water as this is an effective way of maintaining good circulation and can increase the rate of detoxification inside the body.