Day 1 – Welcome to Feb’starter
Welcome to our 14 Days to Healthier Eating program.
Over the next two weeks, we are going to help you cleanse bad food and bad habits from your daily routines.
This is a gentle and relatively short cleanse designed to jump-start your journey to health. The diet may seem fairly restrictive compared to the modern-day Australian diet, but you should not go hungry, as this is not a fast. Eat abundantly from the foods that are listed for each phase of the program and use the menus and recipes as guides to make the most of your experience.
This cleanse is designed to be gentle yet effective. It is also intended to be doable while you work, play, or go about your normal routine. Your normal routine, however, will be a bit different during this program, simply because you will be eating, doing and thinking different things while cleansing.
One incredible benefit to cleansing will be the awareness gained about how different foods make you feel physically, emotionally, and energetically. Your taste buds will begin to change and you will begin to understand how your body is responding to the foods you are consuming. This will give you more control of reactions you were not aware were caused by foods.
What’s in and what’s out?
On this program you will be eating only the foods on the “good food” list below, as well as including at least some of the suggested therapies and lifestyle habits. But don’t worry, what we have prepared for you is delicious, nutritious food that is simple to prepare.
Foods you will enjoy during this program:
- Fish, especially small, non-predatory species such as sardines, herring, wild salmon, cod (and black cod), and sole
- Lean white chicken (preferably organic)
- Eggs (preferably pasture raised)
- Fresh or frozen fruit, ideally berries (only organic)
- Fresh vegetables – no limit, try to eat more than four cups per day
- Legumes — lentils, navy beans, adzuki beans, mung beans, and others
- Brown rice and quinoa (during Phase 2 limit to two servings daily)
- Unsalted raw nuts and seeds (no peanuts)
- Flaxseeds (ground)
- Lemons — organic, do not purchase pre-squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon and olive oil cocktail (1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil and half a squeezed lemon)
- Vegetable broth (organic and sugar-free)
- Sea vegetables
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Herbal teas
- Unsweetened cranberry juice
Foods and substances to avoid:
- Sugar (white sugar, cane sugar, dehydrated cane juice, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, glucose, maltose, dextrose, lactose, corn syrup, and white grape juice concentrate)
- Sugar alcohols such as sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, and maltitol
- Artificial sweeteners like aspartame
- Natural sweeteners (Stevia is ok to include)
- Caffeine (except green tea)
- Yeast (baker’s and brewer’s), fermented foods (including vinegar except raw apple cider vinegar)
- Dairy products
- No soy products (fermented soy such as miso, tempeh, and Gluten-free tamari are ok)
- Dried fruits (dates, prunes, raisins, figs, etc.)
- Gluten (anything made with wheat) and all flour products
- Nightshade plants (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, bell peppers)
- Refined oils and hydrogenated fats such as margarine
- Processed foods or food additives
- Fast food
- Junk food
- Any food that comes in a box, package, or is commercially prepared
Preparation – set yourself up for success.
We don’t expect you to go from “Zero to Hero” overnight. In fact, making the challenge to hard only sets us up for failure. To make sure you succeed, we have put together this Meal Plan for the next 14 days along with a comprehensive shopping list for everything you will need.
Print this out, stick the plan on your fridge and take the shopping list with you next time you head to the supermarket. Download your copy NOW >
A note about probiotics:
Probiotics are included in your daily plan because they are essential for optimal digestion of food and absorption of nutrients, and they help your body produce vitamins, absorb minerals and aid in the elimination of toxins. There are 100’s of products on the market, but Fitat60.com have done the research for you and have sourced the most globally trusted, purest, premium fibre product. Check out our Prebiotic Fibre NOW >
Ready to Start?
Once you’ve got yourself prepared click the button below making tomorrow your Day 1 on the 14 Days to Healthier Eating. Once you click this button you will receive an email each morning with your meal plan for the day, plus additional activities to help keep you motivated.