Let us look at some fast workouts that can be done anywhere. When it’s nice outside, why not take some of your workouts outdoors? One of the points I’d like to make with this article is that your workouts don’t have to be long-drawn-out 2-hour events in order to get great metabolism-boosting, muscle-sculpting results.
Here’s an idea for an outdoor workout that literally takes 10-20 minutes and will have you drenched in sweat and pumped up by the end.
On a nice day, if I decide I just want to get a real quick outdoor workout in, I run over to my local footie oval, spend a couple minutes warming up, and then… depending on how I feel, do about 10-20 minutes of the following exercises:
- 50, 75, or 100-meter wind sprints with a short rest between each
- Hill Sprints (if you have a hill nearby)
- Pushups, either traditional or from the knee (known as a box push-up), 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, then repeat
- Walking Lunge (it might look silly, but it is a great lower body movement)
- Bodyweight Squats, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, then repeat
- Mountain Climbers on ground, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, then repeat
Sometimes I’ll rotate through all of these exercises and sometimes I’ll just pick a couple of them and just keep alternating. Whatever I choose, I keep the rest periods very short (10-30 seconds at most) so that the intensity stays as high as possible. This really maximizes the fat-burning hormonal response and metabolism-boosting response you get from these workouts, given the brief duration of the workout.
Even if you’re not in super shape right now, you can just take it at a little lower intensity to ease yourself into it. It’s worth it! Working out in the outdoors and breathing in the fresh air definitely has a stimulating effect, and some studies I’ve seen have indicated that you possibly burn more calories exercising outdoors compared to indoors. So give it a try… You have nothing to lose, except a little of that extra belly fat!